Get answers to all your questions relating to training your dogs with us.
- What equipment do you use in class?
We use step-in harnesses and double clip leads. You can buy this in our shop or at Riverclub vet.
- What if I miss a class?
If you miss a class, you can come to any of the other classes during the month.
- Can I pay per lesson?
Yes, you can - the cost is R175 per lesson payable to the instructor on the day you come.
- Are there still classes when it rains?
Yes, there are still classes if it rains. Bring along an umbrella and rain jacket.
- What must I bring with me to class?
Your puppy training bag, if you have purchased one from us, a treat bag and soft treats. If you don’t have a bag you can bring along a dog toothbrush, toothpaste, a grooming brush, a retrieve toy, poo bags, double clip long lead (these articles are packed together in our puppy training bag for your convenience).
- Can I use my dogs normal food?
Ideally not, unless your dog is on a special diet and is not allowed anything else.
- Can I feed my dog before class?
No, otherwise you will not be able to use food as a reward.
- Can I work with two dogs if I am the only handler?
No, rather bring one dog on another day.
- Will I have to use the clicker and treats for the rest of my dog’s life?
No, the clicker is used until your dog understands the behaviour well. The clicker and treats will be faded out as your dog progresses and then only used to teach new behaviours.